Sunday 20 June 2010

Waiting waiting!

We are all sick with colds in our household. Our place smells like eucalyptus and chicken soup right now.

I'm two days "late" according to my recent short cycle dates. The last two cycles have been 25 days. This would have been Friday.

I have decided not to test until Tuesday which would be day 29 of my cycle.

I wonder...

I've been browsing birth blogs- of course with a focus on homebirth and birthrights... Here is a brilliant post about the latest phenomenon trending on Twitter #twitterbirth- where labouring women and support people (including professionals!!) "tweet" the progress of the labour... Even a twitface addict like me thinks this is going too far! Click here to read the post! Follow her on Twitter @BirthRoutes

Another exciting thing to happen is that I have been in touch with an old friend (actually a close friend of my sister-in-law, but a friend to me in her own right) who is currently studying to become a midwife and is apprenticing under Melbourne  based Independant Midwife Joy Johnson. I have asked if she would like to be a part of my birth team and she said she would love to and would do it for free as she will still be in training however has already attended a lot of births and has been a nurse for quite some time so would be great in an emergency situation. I also feel comfortable having her involved as Joy's outlook on normal birth at home resonates with mine and I know my friend would enjoy and work well with my midwife. I will be a part of my sister in law's birth team in late September with this  training midwife in attendance so I will get to see her in action!

More news- I have been invited to assist at a two part active birthing workshop for parents to be in July. This will be run by Victoria Marshall Cerins from Birthready- a friend, doula and childbirth educator who has taught me so much about trusting my body and knowing that we women are designed to birth babies and there is a much smaller need for medical intervention than is supported by the mainstream medical model of birthing . I am so appreciative of the opportunity to learn more and help to teach people about how birth can be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am honored for the mention, and hope my voice reaches some. Thank you very much for the powerful words.

Best wishes, I cannot wait to hear the great news. I can feel it is soon.

Unknown said...

Thanks Amber- I will be adding your link to my sidebar and visiting regularly!

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...