Thursday 13 January 2011

Anti-fashionista. For Lori...

I have just been over at Danimezza and discovered that there is a Polly Dolly challenge in honour of Lori from Random Ramblings of a SAHM. I'm sure Dani won't mind me stealing this little excerpt from her blog:

Last week tragedy struck a fellow blogger, a lovely lady named Lori from Random Ramblings of a SAHM, her husband, father to her two young children and sole income earner for the family was admitted to ICU after a very sudden incident that left him fighting for his life. Tony fought for 100hrs but passed away on Monday. Last Thursday only hours before the incident occurred, Lori wrote a post about being an Anti-Fashionista and one of her readers Sarah from Hawker Central, thought it would be fitting to do this week's Polly Dolly in her honour to help raise funds for the young family in need... of course I agreed! You can donate using  following the widget:


So in honour of Lori and her family, here is my Polly Dolly Challenge entry...


The dream:
I would love to be able to say that I get up each morning feeling fresh as a daisy and effortlessly throw together a magnificent ensemble like the red collection above. Team this with a deliciously "messy on purpose" up-do and some luscious red lipstick and we have my "dream"... For the record, I don't wear glasses but I do think they make this outfit look extra sassy! I visualise myself wearing this outfit while strolling through my favourite city laneways and eating colourful macaroons.. (are you with me on the imagery?!)

The Reality:
I have a four year old, I am 8 months pregnant. It is 10:44am and I am on the computer, in my pajamas, and I have a whole houseful of chores fun tasks to undertake today.. The red ensemble is very fun and sassy.. and perfect for city strolling and macaroon eating however, not so appropriate for doing laundry, washing dishes, vacuuming and mothering a grubby four year old. So, my every day attire consists of comfy Birkis, jeans or yoga pants (a classy way of saying tracky-dacks) a comfy t-shirt and sunnies (as opposed to cute glasses that I don't need). And my bag needs to be big enough to carry all my stuff plus a packet of textas, drawing paper and a baby doll so no tiny cute handbags for me.

If you would like to participate in this challenge head on over to Danimezza.







4 comments:

Neysha Ann said...

i love the reality outfit you have style without dreaming girly! lol
but that dream dress is so cute!
love.x.

Melissa {Suger} said...

Both are VERY stylish. Love. And welcome to the polly dolly fun.

Victoria said...

Both are so pretty, I think they can both be realty. XD

Anonymous said...

I love the red bag!
Thanks for playing x

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...