Thursday 18 August 2011

I'm doing round 3 of the 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt)

Here is my first vlog:






And my second


And a list of excuses I use to justify not taking care of myself..



Internal excuses
  1. I'm too tired
  2. I've been up all night with the baby
  3. My body is sore
  4. I don't feel like it
  5. I can't go to bed unless John does
  6. I'm too big to do that
  7. I feel silly doing that
  8. That person will look at me
  9. My belly & boobs jiggle when I run
  10. I want to eat that thing I'm not supposed to eat because it's so yummy/it's the last one/no one is watching/I've had no other treats today/I feel sad, happy, grumpy, have pms/I need some energy etc etc etc


Solutions
1. Get to bed earlier and get up at 6am to exercise. Once it's done it's done.
2. Be gentle on yourself but do something. You don't have to smash it. Just do something.
3. If you move your body, the pain will ease. Active recovery.
4. Just do it.. You'll be glad you did
5. That's not true. Tell him you're off to bed & if he's not ready, just go.
6. If you do it, you're body will shrink
7. Why do you feel silly? Who cares?
8. It honestly doesn't matter. Get on with it.
9. Wear a decent sports bra and one piece swimsuit under your clothes to hold everything in place
10. Stick to the plan. You know the plan works. This will not make you feel anything other than crap emotionally and physically.

External excuses (within my control)
1. It's too cold
2. It's too hot
3. It's too expensive
4. I have both the kids with me
5. I don't have time
6. I have too much to do
7. I need to do the dishes/laundry/clean the house/cook dinner
8. It's ......'s birthday. Everyone is having cake.
9. We are all going out for dinner.
10. Richie will cry.
11. John is late and I have missed my gym class.


Solutions
1. Rug up and get it done, you'll warm up in no time!
2. Go to the pool or the gym where it's air conditioned
3. You have savings. If this is important to you, it's not too expensive. You don't need everything. Just the basics. Skip a cup of coffee a day and you wont notice the difference.
4. Go play in the park and run around. Molly loves going to the park to kick the ball. Richie can sit in the pram. Be an active mum and a god example to your kids.
5. You DO have time. You just need to be more organised with your time. Get on the bike while you're watching tv if you can't think of any other way to get some exercise in.
6. Again, this is about making it a priority and scheduling it in.
7. Most of this can wait an hour. Just get it done. If this is a consistent excuse, make it a priority to get up early before the day starts and get it done.
8. No one really cares if you don't eat cake (more for them!) and if they do, explain your goals again or just let it go.
9. This is not a good reason to eat crap. Suggest a place where you know there is healthy food and make a good choice.
10. If he is with his daddy he might cry but he will be OK. Make sure he's had a breastfeed and then go. Some babies are in childcare all day with strangers. You'll be home soon. He will get used to it and so will John.
11.Shame that you missed the class but you know how to train yourself. There are plenty of things you can do in the gym on your own.

External excuses (outside my control)
1. Sick kids
2. I'm sick
3. I'm injured
4. Something bad has happened to a family member
5. Emergency

Solutions
1. Do what you can & train before they get up
2. Take it easy if you're really sick but get back to it as soon as you start feeling better
3. Where are you injured? Can you train other body parts??
4 & 5. Do what you need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...