Thursday 17 November 2011

Go Mumma Recommends: White Rabbit Record Bar

Click the image above to be taken to White Rabbit's Website




White Rabbit Record Bar
176 Bellair Street, Kensington

It was only by chance that I happened to find myself eating lunch in the glorious sunshine outside White Rabbit yesterday. I had purchased some thongs (flip-flops, jandals...) from a popular deals website (sucker!) and, as I have heard happens quite frequently, the deal went sour due to the factory not managing the influx of orders. So I was refunded my "deal bucks" and it just so happened that White Rabbit Records in Kensington (only a few km from Melbourne's CBD and a one minute stroll from the station) was offering lunch and coffee or wine for two for exactly the amount I was refunded! Score!

I have never visited White Rabbit before... correction.. I have popped my head in to peruse their great selection of vintage and more recent records, but I have never ordered any food or drinks as I have been a very loyal customer of another cafe on Bellair Street, Fruits of Passion and more recently have discovered The Premises (Please see review by my friend Lauren over at The Footscray Food Blog) and have not wanted to deviate from the known goodness of these two places... as the old saying goes, "when you're on to a good thing...."

Anyhow, I expanded my horisons yesterday and boy am I glad I did! We had an absolutely delightful experience and felt very well taken care of by the friendly bearded/grandpa-hatted fellow who served us. We ordered a delicious grilled haloumi salad- a generous pile of golden, squeaky haloumi cheese on a bed of tender baby salad greens, tomato and thinly sliced red cabbage. It was lightly dressed with a vinaigrette and we happily gobbled up the lot. We also shared a smoked chicken and mozzarella toasted wrap which also came with salad and was thoroughly enjoyable.

Now, the point of the review?

COFFEE!

I was extremely impressed with the quality of my latte. Always skeptical, it takes a pretty delicious brew to win me over but White Rabbit far exceeded my expectations! It was smooth and creamy, not extremely strong, silky milk, drinkable temperature. Ticking all the boxes so far! They score extra brownie points by using fair trade beans so all-in-all, Kudos to you White Rabbit!!

On another note, I wanted to thank the bearded waiter/coffee making fellow for being so pleasant and chatty to us and to our wee man. Those are the kinds of gestures that will make me a return customer!

Have you ever been to White Rabbit? You have?! Let me know what you thought in the comments!

1 comment:

Lauren aka Ms Baklover said...

Cool! I have not been but will be sure to check it out!

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...