Friday 22 June 2012

The new Job...

Hey all,

It's been a while! Just thought I'd pop in and tell you how much I LOVE my new job! It's only two days a week, so not really enough to pay the bills... but it's totally great- right up my alley!

I am working for an organisation which started as a response to homelessness in Melbourne. It's a place where wealthy people, homeless people, drug addicts, students, other workers in the area, can all sit down together at the same table and have a meal. Just eat and talk and get to know each other.. like a family. It's not a soup kitchen.. It's more like a family dinner.

It's a place where each person has an understanding that we are all inherently the same and it is only our context that makes us different.

My job is to talk to groups of school students about issues of home, homelessness, belonging and our sameness. I basically walk around the city and talk to kids about the different spaces and who belongs there. How awesome is that? I get to help kids gain an understanding of empathy and about how we can endeavour to create a sense of "home" for people wherever we are. What a privilege to be a part of the mind expansion of kids.

It's such a great job.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...