Thursday 25 October 2012

I love my strong and muscular body..

I have learned to love my body.

After two kids and many years of my weight yoyoing up and down I am finally at a place where my health is far far more important than my vanity.

I am at peace with my stretch marks and my saggy tummy because as many other women have expressed, they symbolise the amazing function my body has performed... growing two 9+lb babies and holding them safely until term.

I haven't always felt this way. I have said very cruel things to myself over the years. Things I would never say to anyone else! I have believed I am ugly, too fat, too tall, with frizzy and unruly hair.

But now, at almost 28 I've had enough of all that shit.. enough!!

I am not ugly! I am beautiful! Just the right height, my hair is actually great! When I care for it properly, it is very well behaved and does what I tell it to! It's thick and has a lovely soft curl.

I will not hate my body or judge anyone else based on their size, shape, colour or ability.

Health is not about being thin!



I lift weights. I love weights!

I feel powerful, strong, able. I am knowledgable and my form is always perfect. I am very good at weights. My body doesn't ever let me down on the weights floor.




I love my strong and muscular body and I will continue to train it and care for it because it deserves my effort.

I decided to do this post as part of the I Heart My Body Campaign at We Heart Life. I love how positive this campaign is! Love it!! I am now going to go check out how other lovely women are feeling about their bodies!



weheartlife.com

13 comments:

Shauna said...

Good on ya Ash, fab post! You look so strong and foxy :)

Anonymous said...

You are so strong and fit!!! So great to see how much you love who you are xxxxx

Unknown said...

Thanks Ladies! Shauna- I find you really inspirational. I love the way you have made peace with your body while still working towards a natural state of health & fitness.

Trisha said...

Wow!

Your weight lifting is impressive, as is the beautiful expression of concentration on your face.

Congratulations of having learned the lesson about loving your body. I'm still learning, but I keep getting better every day.

Anonymous said...

So impressed by the amount of weights you are lifting! I love lifting weights too but nowhere near as much as you can. Loved your post...

Carly ~ Creator of We Heart Life said...

That weight lifting thing you are doing, is hard. My boyfriend tried to get me to do it and I couldn't. For that alone you are amazing!

Thank you for you linking up and loving that awesome bod of yours x

Liz@LastChanceTraining said...

I love a lady who can lift some iron!

ButterandBuntings said...

Hahah, i'd be lying flat under those weights, could never do that! Well done! Its lovely to hear such positive words! Women of every size, colour, hair style, height, personality, etc are perfect! Look at how much amazing detail is in a newborn, and realise how much detail is in us ladies! Im not changing for anyone!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and support. I love hearing from you! xxoo

Emma said...

Stunning post, stunning girl.

Good Golly Miss Holly! said...

Look at you, lifting those weights! GET IT GIRL! x

Glow said...

OMG weight lifting! You're my hero!!!

philippa_moore said...

Fab post darling, you look so STRONG! You've been my inspiration from day one....actually today, this very day, it is 7 years since we met :D xxx

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...